Thursday, August 27, 2015

LACK OF SUBTLETY. - Khador Behemoth conversion

The Behemoth is one of my favorites, though it took some work to get there.

The subtlest but largest change was the shift towards a forward pose. The original just looks like it's doing some sort of little stompy dance.

Seriously, I have no idea what they were thinking.

I also replaced the crazy canted cannon tracks with the (probably less practical but) way nicer little ball cannons that also allowed me to shift the profile much closer to the standard Juggernaut chassis and make it look less top-heavy.

I extended the "jaw" to resemble the illustration more, and made spacers on both sides of the hips and between that and the "chest", similarly.

Then I added some details to fit the aesthetic of the army, with the furs, etc.

I'm a bit disappointed that they ret-conned the setting to have Colossals, as much for the stupid name as for the fact that the Behemoth was ousted from being the narrative big dog where there weren't the resources to build more of it (though somehow now everyone has resources to build even bigger ones?).







No comments:

Post a Comment