Thursday, January 16, 2014

Who Knows What Lurks in the Hearts of Men? The Shadow Knows - Seamus's Avatar

While I was double-checking the lyrics, I found out that Devo was already quoting TS Elliot in this song, so it's actually a double-reference today. Does that mean I get combo points, or something?

It took me a long time to warm up to the Avatar of Dread, but I'm quite happy with Seamus's Hulk form. Instead of painting him like his regular version, I decided to paint him much darker (similar to what I worked on for Lynch's monsters but with more variety), reducing almost all of the light except his eye and the exaggerated glow off of his cigar (which I think I might have overdone, though I'm happy enough with the effect that I don't mind if it's not clearly coming from his cigar).


No comments:

Post a Comment