Friday, January 24, 2014

Twice as Bright - Sonnia Criid's Avatar of Conflagration

I'm pretty sure I would remember if anyone I worked with in my college's circus had done anything like this with fire...



I decided I needed some practice before attempting this amount of fire effects: Redoing Sonnia was largely about practice for this one... well, that, and perfectionism. In the opposite of my old Sonnia model, I'm happier with the flame on her Avatar of Conflagration than I am with her- haven't decided if I'll be changing it up.

Either way, not only was I practicing for her with my last Malifaux set, but I used the Avatar as practice for my next crew. It's very different working with highlights in the recesses and shading on the extremities, and has taken some serious getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment