Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mr. Fancypants! - Forge World's Vulkan

I've been looking forward to painting a primarch since the first previews were released, and suffice to say, FW did not disappoint.
This kit has a ton of detail, and I think I did the model justice. I've been refining my gold over the last year or so and feel like it paid off on Vulkan's detailing. I think it and the bone on his shoulder are the parts I hit best on the model.

He's a bit over the top, but I think that fits the gaudy sci-fi that has more in common with ancient fighting and warlords leading the charge than it does with modern warfare.

Along with the stock model, I magnetized his head, and sculpted an alternative helmeted head, based on an illustration. Given how his armor feels referential of the Cataphract-style Terminator Armor, I felt it worked for his helmet to have a little of that bulkier feel, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment