Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bug Hunt - Sedition Wars Vanguard test scheme

So, for Sedition Wars, I wanted to try something a bit out of the ordinary (for me), as I try on a larger scale. I've decided that I'll paint all of the models in (essentially) three batches:

-first wave Vanguard
-first wave Strain
-second wave

Now, the third batch is mostly a bunch of characters, which means a smaller and more diverse, which is what I'm used to, but the first two will each be around 35 miniatures in similar color schemes, which is something I do a lot less often. As in, I've never tried just blasting through that way. Usually, the largest groups I work on at once are squads.


In order to do this in one go and not go crazy, I've chosen limited palates and overlapping colors. This is also the first army I've painted with a white base coat (I've done smaller groups, but this is the first large, coherent body).

I've limited myself to very little mixing, and a lot of washes and a few 50/50 blends. The only part that actually involves a 3 color mix is the teal from the visor, which I may replace with a stock color, but I don't own any teal, and was otherwise finished.

So, without further ado, my test mini:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip-- for some reason, I was thinking the tiles were lighter than they are, but, you're right. I was happy with how muted the base turned out, but think that I'll darken it a little on the others. I'm fine with it not matching perfectly, but it does feel a little too far off.

    (On the other hand, I'm definitely going to try to use that color again-- I was quite happy with the color, itself. Maybe my ALEPH minis, when I finally get to them...)

    ReplyDelete