Monday, August 25, 2014

Black Operations - Storm Trooper test mini

I'd been toying with the idea to do some Storm Troopers, but hadn't really figured out what to do with the minis, until I started looking more into the Tyrant's Legion list, and their space-faring mercenaries.

For some reason, that was enough for the idea to "click," and I went with a Sardaukar (cf. Dune) reference: Imperial-conditioned shock troops fit the bill (not the GW has ever stolen an idea), and the OSL was fun.

Depending on the army I'm running, they could actually reasonably serve as:
-storm troopers in their own army
-IG storm troopers
-Inquisitorial Henchmen
-a Rogue Trader's shock troops (probably also run as Inquisition)
-tech pirates pressed in to service of the Astral Claws

So... lots of fun options for these old minis (and yes, I'm prepping the squad).

No comments:

Post a Comment