Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Alcoholic Mythology? - Malifaux Yasunori

Yasunori's got to be one of the most colorful minis I've painted recently, and I was really happy with how he came out. Obviously, a lot of that's his wings/man transitions, which was something of an experiment to work on, but, I was very happy that I was able to control the color and shade well enough that it didn't come off as something bland, and there are a couple other models where I've done dull feather designs that I'm tempted to redo to get something this punchy going.


Oh, and the title. I knew Kirin from the beer company (Kirin Ichiban), but, when looking around for reference material at some point or another, I realized that, rather, as I'd guessed, some location or family name, it referred to the creature on the bottle. The other one I stumbled across was Ninkasi, which, with all the Native American names in the Pacific Northwest, I assumed was also Native American. Wrong continent: turns out it's the Sumerian goddess of beer.

Okay, I'm done. Tangent over, time for coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment