Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Sailing the Seas of Cheese - Blackstone Fortress Explorers: Espern Lorcarno & Janus Draik

 My group has been slowly making our way through Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress. Crawling through the space-dungeon, if you will.

Espern Lorcarno is probably my favorite model from the set: I think the helmet has a nice flair to it (umm, no pun intended), and the armor/cape both have a suitably baroque sensibility of an unusual Imperial character like a navigator. I have a spare copy of this guy because the sprue was miscast, and I really have no idea what suitably high-ranked Imperial guy I'll convert him into. I was very happy with how his cloak came out; I hope to try that effect elsewhere.


Janus Draik isn't my favorite model design, but I've been enjoying playing this guy, and his pirate sensibility has grown on me. Between the Exodite Kris and somehow giving it a Full Auto Setting, he can put out six attacks with re-rolled misses, which means he's definitely the party's resident blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment