Tuesday, February 19, 2019

(Already on?) the Bandwagon - Vindicare Assassin

Okay, I'm going to admit it: the leaked White Dwarf rules were exactly what got me painting my Vindicare.



It was one of my favorite models back in 3rd edition when I was a kid, and I'd re-bought one because I got the decent game with a wince-worthy title Assassinorum: Execution Force without any minis for a song some time back, so I didn't run out to buy a Vindicare because of its rules.

But, mine did jump to the top of the painting queue when I saw how they were handling assassins, now.

I'm unsure if they're overpowered so this isn't a comment on souping up my army, but I thought that the idea of standardizing their price so one could field any in reaction to their opponent's army is a great way of handling such specialized models and for the first time in more than a decade I actually am looking forward to making room for one in my list, and actually want to pick up a Culexus as a strong counter rather than just a bad gamble in an all-comers list.

No comments:

Post a Comment