Monday, September 25, 2017

Sewing Circle - Widow Weaver and Bandersnatch

The Widow Weaver's one of my favorite Malifaux models, and I was glad that the plastic version was 90%+ just a materials update.

I enjoyed going with very saturated purple shadows on her that, with the contrasting orange light, meant I was able to make some very rounded tones without sharp highlights or shadows.


The Bandersnatch was a bit more traditional for me, where I felt that, in order to both give some color to the Bandersnatch and make it look appropriately dark, it made the most sense to go with very sharp highlights from the little lantern.

 (I also tuned a few earlier pieces for this Neverborn set, and now seems as good a time as any to show those off, given the Weaver's penchant for making dolls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment