Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Reduce, Reuse, Resurrect - Cleaning Up Cryx

With MkIII on the horizon, I'm working on getting my armies back together, starting with Cryx.

Like a lot of my minis, this set's been through a few iterations, with the above guy in traditional metallics and no altered pose, then getting a black and brown color scheme, before what I finally chose... and then added runes to.

While a bit small, I think Deneghra has held up remarkably well, over the years. I always kinda' felt bad with how cheesy her spells and feat are, but made up for it by restricting myself to her weird little theme list ;)

The mix of bone and metal were a large bit of what attracted me to Cryx, back when necromancy and steampunk was a relatively unusual design. A lot of what attracted me to Warmachine was the initial sense of improvisation, like the bits of bone with Cryx, Cygnar's new tech, and the Protectorate's use of smuggled parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment