Tuesday, December 6, 2011

High Elf Battle Standard Bearer

Game: Warhammer Fantasy Battle
Army/Faction: High Elves

Notes:


This recent commission has a more eventful story than many.

My client didn't have a lot to spend on this, so wanted it done with traditional metallics, but, after toying with how it would look with regular metallics, I decided that it wasn't nearly bright or vivid enough for a centerpiece model, let alone an Elf one (where it would tend to be even more showy), so I decided to comp him the extra work for NMM work. It'd been ages since I had painted a High Elf mini, and I was pretty pleased with it.


Given my client's testimonial, "Thanks a million, Nick.  If you're ever in Northwest Indiana, the beer and lapdances are on me," I guess he was, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment