Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Big Guns Never Tire - Astral Claws Devastators

Huron's "Though my guards may sleep and my ships may lay at anchor, our foes know full well that the big guns never tire" is one of the more memorable 40k quotes IMHO, despite being a bit silly these years later. I'm pretty sure it had at least a little to do with my eventual choice of Astral Claws.



This is a fun mix of a few different eras of Marine: second edition shoulder-style guns; very early third edition for the sergeant (who for once doesn't have a stupid melee weapon attached to a heavy weapon unit); a late third edition chaos heavy bolter; a sixth edition plasma gunner; a few bits from Forge World and the like mixed in for variety.

I wouldn't use these guys as a unit (they'd have no idea what to shoot at), but had fun painting them together to fill out a few options at once for my tacticals, etc.










No comments:

Post a Comment