Monday, August 5, 2019

The Faithful - Taddeus the Purifier & Rogue Psykers

Taddeus is... probably my least favorite of the Blackstone heroes. I don't really like playing cleric-type characters (I actually often do

, trying to make it work, but it rarely does), and I think his face is, well, one that only a mother could love.


I'm pretty happy with how I salvaged him, though. I got a dark warm metal going that I thought had a nice, understated antique look, and I've recently enjoyed doing really yellow osl. I might have done more with his book, but, honestly, I didn't like the model enough to try something I might mess up and need to fix.
The Rogue psykers are also ugly as sin, but at least they've got an excuse. As they're evil mutant pseudo-priest wizards that worship dark gods, follow spiky supersoldiers, and exist to zap people with magic siphoned from Space Hell, I didn't feel the need for subtlety: I feel that they have enough teal light to look suitably full of barely controlled magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment