Wednesday, August 7, 2019

In Fearful Day, In Raging Night - Kingdom Death Nemeses and Gorm set in blue

I think I used all of my better "blue" references up in earlier titles. This one is a bit obscure. (Nerd cred if you get it.)

The above Manhunter is the second I've done in this style, repeating my earlier repurposing of the really oversized Death Marshal from Malifaux (a model with I think is terrible at representing an average-sized human, but very dynamic, and when do you ever find well-sculpted oversized cowboy models?!). This is the third time I've used this guy for a conversion project.

This one presents a rare opportunity, since my client initially wanted it done in regular lighting, before deciding he'd like the Manhunter redone with the supernatural look. So, for all those curious about my painting methods, here's what the same guy looked before he got his lantern, when he was just gloomy.

I also worked with a more or less straight repetition of an earlier Gorm scheme. I think they came out pretty nicely.


The style that most departed from paint jobs I've already done are the core Nemesis I worked with, and especially this version of the King's Man. I think that this might be my favorite scheme I've done with him, since it got a very cold sense of menace, with the blown out hot spots on the light sources and his face as another light source.

I've done a few blue Hands before, but, again, I'm very happy with how his glowing brain came out: I might want to revise my own for the extra-supernatural look.

2 comments:

  1. I love this scheme, very interesting artistically speaking and it matches very well with KD background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I think KD nearly perfectly fits how I like to paint, since it just allows tons of opportunities with light, gloom, and the supernatural.

    ReplyDelete