Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[Insert obligatory dwarf/horse joke]: Gimli on Horseback conversion



Yeah, I couldn't really think of anything clever about this one that hasn't been said a million times before...



This project had a pleasant surprise- I was expecting to need to resculpt Gimli's legs entirely, but he had a wide enough stance that, with the aid of some force, the majority of the cutting was only on the (much less frustrating) plastic horse than on the metal dwarf. He even had a pack on his belt that resembled a bedroll on a saddle, so I went with it.

I ended up spending a bit of extra time getting his cloak looking nice, instead, which was much more enjoyable than swearing about how long it takes to cut through metal.

There were a couple details that I cleaned up after taking these pics, because, as they are wont to do, the photos exposed some imperfections and every little flake of pastic I hadn't quite cleaned...

No comments:

Post a Comment