Monday, April 24, 2017

A-Hunting We Shall Go - Mordheim Beastmen Raiders

Okay, I admit it-- when I was a young 'un, I always kinda wanted to do a Beastmen set when I played Mordheim, but had way too many gangs already. So, it was pretty neat when someone not only liked an object of my nostalgia, but wanted me to work on a group I'd never approached.

I did these almost completely monochrome, with just about the only colors I used being black, white, red, yellow, and a bunch of different greys I use too often to mix myself. My favorite in this first batch is definitely the guy on the right in this top photo.

While I'm not a huge fan of the centigor's kinda' silly face, I thought the clay jug (I'm sure there's a classical technical term for that) was a nice touch, I assume referring back to the link between Dionysus and satyrs.

Malifaux Wild Boars are proxies for the tuskgors, which I thought was a nice choice by my client since, for whatever reason, I've never felt GW has handled animal sculpts very well, or at least not consistently so.

No comments:

Post a Comment