Monday, January 23, 2017

What is Best in Life? - Silver Tower Ogroid Thaumaturge + Darkoath Chieftain

Silver Tower's update, in the Darkoath Chieftain, is actually one of my favorite recent GW models, since I think he has a really classic fantasy barbarian vibe, and the face really seals the deal, with the kind of threatening smile. Despite baloon-like muscles and some oversized weapons, I think the model has some surprising subtlety.

Bonus points that he has a mohawk, which gave me an excuse to paint a shaved head, which is one of my favorite techniques I don't use very often.

Continuing the mohawk theme, the Ogroid Thaumaturge is pretty fun, even if I can never spell its name right the first time. I mostly painted him to fit in with the style of the Tzaangors I've done, though my favorite bit for him was the flame effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment