Sunday, July 24, 2016

Inner Beauty - Kingdom Death Gorm & Survivors

 So, anyone who's been following my work knows I like source lighting quite a bit, but I've started experimenting with taking it further, to the point where it's the majority of the paint job.

The Gorm set was a lot of fun to work with, since I've also been working on new blue mixes, and I think the saturation I've gotten has been pretty killer.

On both the survivors and the Gorm itself, the unlit hide color has a lot of low-saturated red incorporated into the natural for a complimentary effect, in addition to kind of a gory, not-quite-undead/raw meat thing going on ... I think a bit of this is because the melty survivor armor and creepy gorm face both reminded me of the God Warriors in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment