Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Real Firebrand - Black Legion Demon Prince conversion

This big dude definitely ranks right up there with my favorite 40k projects.

Unlike most commissions, this one came with a sketch, and it was more on the collaborative side of things than many of my projects, since we had a lot of back and forth regarding what was practical and what could be added.

I think my favorite part of building the model is the helmet, which my client designed the crown shape for and I incorporated the chaos star on the faceplate.

Other than that, it was a challenge, trying to incorporate my own work with the crispness of FW's on a model with this detail- it ended up with more corrections after I began painting than basically any other I've worked on.

Speaking of which, shots of the construction, pre-fine tuning:

No comments:

Post a Comment