Friday, July 18, 2014

Class. - Misc. Steampunk miniatures

I was inspired by having watched Bram Stoker's Dracula as I was prepping these ladies.
Other than a couple awful accents, the movie was pretty good (though hardly Coppola's best), and had a lot of cool period clothing and settings to draw inspiration from. Most notably, the heavily-coordinated womens' attire stood out, where there tended to be an emphasis on a very limited palate, and influenced a lot of my color choices here.

(The three above are probably my favorites, Adora Bell from Microarts, Jen Haley from Darksword, Cordelia Rosalin from Anima.)

With the exception of Ellendore (in the teal), these felt a little less fashionable, so I increased the variation in their clothing a bit more, while attempting to maintain a similar sensibility... well, at least period: The first in the line had a much more military vibe, so I went with the primary colors, while I went with something intentionally a bit of a hodgepodge of colors on the third, so that she could be used as a more generic (and therefore versatile) exotic character.

No comments:

Post a Comment