Friday, January 31, 2014

"Goblinoid, He was a Goblinoid, Happier than You and Me" Oglah Khan's Hobgoblin Wolf Boyz, test

I feel my years of East Asian History and Art History, and Japanese language studies really culminated in this hobgoblin. This... may be the most racist model I've ever painted.



I actually like this funny little guy. I'm happy with the modification of the chaos warrior color scheme, with a more naturalistic look that still captures the obvious influences. For the shield, I did a kind of calligraphy ("calligraphic" appears to be a word?) design suggesting the Chaos Star.

He's missing his strongest highlights, since I wanted to get this quickly to my client for approval before doing the rest of the unit, but I think he's shaping up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment