Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Angry Ghosts All Around Us - Kirai Crew, part 1

This is the second iteration of this crew.

I did an earlier version, without the teal accent and with lower contrast, but I wasn't satisfied with it, so I've been working, from time to time, on improving the crew.

I've started taking basing more seriously in my Malifaux collection, and plan to use base inserts or make my own on every model in my growing collection, and these are no exception.

I felt that generic asian bases in a european setting wasn't going to look right, especially alongside other themes in my Resurrectionist crews. Instead, I decided to go very minimal, and just make some candles.  While the flames are a little chunky, I'm happy with the results, as finer details would almost certainly break during regular play.

Now that I have the basic crew theme composed, I'm looking forward to how I'll create some variation on the theme, with Kirai herself.

1 comment:

  1. a really nice refeshing take on kirai, can't believe its taken me this long to find
    - Pete

    ReplyDelete