Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Toys in the Attic*, Puppet Wars collection, 1 of 5, Resurrectionists

Some time ago, I posted my first attempt at Puppet Wars models, which I was happy enough with at the time, but I've learned quite a bit since then, and this is how they came out when I repainted them a little while back.

Seamus is one of the most iconic characters in the Malifaux/Wyrd line, and, since I'm planning on giving his Malifaux incarnation a very sinister and muted look, I decided that Seamus and his Belles needed a nice, garish paint job, here.


I tried a much darker and more solid color scheme on my second run through, and obviously redid the bases. A technique I first tried on this set, which I'm currently experimenting with, with my Sedition Wars minis was a dark red-brown stain, which I think gave them a sickly and generally ominous look.


McMourning was my first Malifaux Master, and I still like his theme a lot. These were probably my favorite to paint, of the "faction", with the Zombie Chihuahua being my favorite paint job.

Something interesting to note is that the above crew, if you call the Chihuahua a Canine Remains, is actually a pretty good Malifaux proxy crew for Seamus. Furthermore, I don't know if this was intentional, but the Puppet Wars bases rest perfectly in the 30mm Malifaux bases, so there's not even a problem of scale. Until I get my Seamus crew painted, I'm likely to use these little guys, instead.


*just to clarify, that's referencing Pink Floyd, not Aerosmith. Though, I guess it could have been referencing any number of other things, too...

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't matter who you're referencing, they'll both sue you! ;)

    ReplyDelete